Thursday, March 12, 2009

Are you on Facebook?


I've been feeling "peer pressure" to join Facebook for awhile now. I have friends and family members who have accounts, but I haven't created my own. I'm really hesitant to join because of my teaching career, however I know there are staff members in my building who are members. So, I want to know do you have a Facebook account and why should I create my own? Please leave your comments!

3 comments:

~Laura said...

Jen, I just wanted to let you know that I'm loving your blog! Keep up the good work. I feel like I am really getting to know your girls even though they live in another state. How fun! ~Laura

Triplet Mom said...

I finally gave in and joined Facebook a few months ago. I do enjoy catching up with people. As a teacher, I would suggest a strict policy of not accepting any "friend invitations" from students. As with anything on the Internet, you just have to be careful what you put on there. Other than that, have fun chatting with others!

Katie said...

A few months ago I may have tried to convince you to join FB, but now I would say maybe not so much! I really think if I were teaching I wouldn't want my info out there like that...
It can be a bit awkward if you get friend requests from parents or students and have to turn them down. Then there is the issue of having people from work on your FB or not. I saw a whole segment on that on the Today show this week.
It is a good way to find people you haven't seen for ages. However, I decided recently that although it is fun to see how they are doing. I don't feel the need to keep in touch with them everyday (you know...I haven't for 10 years before that). I'd prefer to keep in touch with the friends and family that are "there for me" on a daily basis and always have been - you know real like relationships?! Anyway... that is my 2 cents worth!
I love your blog and love to hear what is going on with you that way.
But, I will be interested to see what you decide on this one.