
I grew up playing BINGO at my grandparents' company picnic. There are a variety of ways to play the game. In school we often play a time and money version. However, to help Elizabeth identify her letters we played I SPY BINGO, compliments of Wendy's. I put a different twist on it to help her practice letter identification.
To play, each player selects a game board. The chips are placed in the middle and the cards are shuffeled and placed face down near the chips. The youngest player starts by selecting a card from the pile and in turn calls out the letter on the card. All players look on their playing card for the letter. A chip is placed on the matching letter on the game boards. Play continues to the left. The game is over when one person makes four in a row horizontally, vertically, or diagonally and shouts "I SPY BINGO!"
Leah and Elizabeth love reading the "I Spy" books and I found a fun website from Scholastic that has "I Spy" games.



No comments:
Post a Comment