
To show our school spirit during reading month Leah and I wore black and white (West Ottawa colors) to school today. Putting black on a "pink and purple" girl is a stretch, but Leah wanted to look like me even though our shirts are different. On the front of my shirt I have our theme for this year Imagine and the back side has the lyrics to the chorus of our school song. Leah received her shirt over a year ago during kindergarten round-up, however today may have been only the second time she's worn it. Before leaving the house this morning she asked me what the back of her shirt said. I told her that it read Class of 2021 and then added that it was the year she was going to graduate from high school. Suddenly a smile spread across her face and she replied, "Do you mean I can wear this shirt in high school?" Almost immediately she realized the outrageous concept she had suggested, chuckled out loud, and walked away. Oh, the mind of a child!



No comments:
Post a Comment