Monday, March 23, 2009

Is your car still for sale?


It's not for sale anymore! We officially sold my GMC Envoy today. It's a bittersweet feeling. I'm looking forward to a new car, but I really enjoyed the old one. It was purchased brand new in 2002 as my Valentine's Day gift. We brought both our daughters home from the hospital in it and traveled all around the country and even into Canada. I can't even count the number of times it went to Wheaton and back! It has been so good to our family. Aside from typical maintance and a minor headlight incident with a deer, we easily managed to put over 148,000 miles on it. On Saturday, after finding out our trade-in value, Tim decided to list it on Craig's List to get more money. I was skeptical at first, but when his cell phone rang 10 minutes after posting it I was impressed. Three calls and an hour and a half after putting it online we had a $100 down payment in our hands. My car now belongs to a young family of 4 from Hudsonville and I hope it will be as good for them as it was for us!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Bitter Sweet! Congrats on the sale. Did you find something new yet?