Saturday, May 2, 2009

May I see your driver's license ma'am?


I was pulled over this morning on my way to Hudsonville to drop off the girls at Tim's parents' house. When the officer approached me I had my window rolled down and the radio turned off with my insurance and registration in my lap. I totally forgot about my driver's license until he asked to see it. To be completely honest I was NOT paying attention to my speed. It was early Saturday morning and the sun was shining and the roads were clear. As I sat waiting for my ticket, it occurred to me that I'm now 3 for 6 with getting pulled over and being fined. Here's my list of violations:

1990: Driving without headlights on ---no ticket

1995: Speeding in Minnesota with an Illinois driver's license in a Pennsylvania rental car ---BIG fine

1997: Failure to come to a complete stop at a red light before turning right ---no ticket

2001: Speeding down Lakeshore Drive ---no ticket

2001: Reckless driving (I hit a mailbox to avoid hitting a car) ---ticket

Today: Speeding ---ticket

Once I had my ticket in hand, I apologized to the "nice man" and he told me to have a "safe weekend". While I was putting the car in drive Leah said, "Now drive 55 Mommy." Lesson learned!

1 comment:

Katie said...

That's a bummer!!