
This morning after the rain cleared the girls and I drove north to Grand Haven for the arts festival. This was the first time any of us had attended the event so we weren't sure what to expect. I knew there were art activities for the kids to do on one particular block so we began there. At the first station Leah started painting a picture and was having a blast until a little boy picked up a brush and painted on her canvas. Elizabeth gave it a try and got paint all over her pants and shoes. We were more successful with making foam creations. The highlight of the morning was when both girls got their face painted, their nails done, and a streak of color put in their hair. I was able to briefly look at the art booths to admire the creative work that the local artists had done. Thankfully the sun was shining the whole time and all of the activities we did were free. I love cheap entertainment!



1 comment:
That sounds like a really neat event. I took the kids last weekend to the Festival of Arts in GR. We had some similar highlights with kids crafts and facepaint. Very fun!
Post a Comment