Monday, August 10, 2009

Who has power?


Sometimes God has a funny sense of humor. Of all the days this summer to lose power it had to be last night and today. As I previously wrote air conditioning is a wonderful thing. I lived without it for years and feel for those without that luxury. While the first storm approached the lakeshore yesterday evening we lost power for about an hour and a half. It came back on only to go off less than 2 hours later. At that time Tim and I hurried around the house unplugging appliances during a "brown out" where only 1/2 the power was available. The second storm rolled in early this morning and we woke up without any electricity or phone connection. Even our cell phones didn't have service. Because Tim took today off (a good thing for our family, not so much for him) we all drove to Hudsonville to borrow a generator. There was some fuel in it, but Tim wanted to get more. That didn't happen though because the gas station was without power too. Ironically within 30 minutes of hooking the generator up everything came back on 100%. I just have to laugh and remember that God is the only one with all the power!

No comments: