Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Can I do some chores?


While I made dinner tonight Leah asked if she could do the chores that she assigned herself yesterday. I love the fact that she wanted to help out and I praised her for making the suggestion herself. Unfortunately what was an innocent desire to help quickly turned to worry, then sadness, and finally frustration. First, as Leah was cleaning the windows one of the decorative slats came off. After that I found her using a liquid cleaner (not designed for wood) on our dining room table. Changing jobs, Leah proceeded to sweep the kitchen floor sparking an interest in Elizabeth. Because the broom was being used Elizabeth grabbed a feather duster to help dust. Ironically, Leah did not want to have her sister help out so she told Elizabeth to stop cleaning. That caused a huge uproar between the two of them. I feel bad that Elizabeth only got to clean the doorknobs before the confrontation. Hopefully next time Leah will be more willing to have her sister help her out too.

1 comment:

Shelby said...

oh my gosh, that is funny and so like my kids too. What great girls you have, so willing to help out without being asked!

Thanks for stopping by my blog - I will have to find the book you mentioned, I hadn't heard of it before. I love the mouse and pig stories!