Thursday, October 22, 2009

How long is that train?


On our way home from school this afternoon Leah and Elizabeth requested to take one of our shortcuts. After we went down a hill and rounded a corner we came upon the front engine of a very long freight train. It was crossing the road ahead of us just a little over a mile and a half away from our house. Leah immediately apologized for requesting the route change while Elizabeth (who loves Thomas the Train) expressed her excitement. I very calmly put the car in park to prepare for our wait. In the more than 8 years of living in this area I cannot think of a time I was stopped by a train at that particular place. We sat for almost 15 minutes and watched the boxcars slowly move along the tracks. The girls behaved so well and it was the perfect lesson for this month as we learn to practice patience!

No comments: