Friday, November 27, 2009

Did you see the first snowflakes of the season?


As I gazed out the windows of my home VERY early this Black Friday morning I caught a glimpse of the first snowflakes of the season. The woods were so calm and peaceful and I wished that the others in my family could have shared in the moment. It was important for me however, to soak up that calm before heading out into the shopping storm. I managed to brave the crowds of people for about 5 hours before driving back home to pick up Leah for my second trip south. For awhile she has been working hard to break a bad nail-biting habit. Having recently reached her reward I promised to take her to get her nails done. She was so inspired by the falling flakes that she requested snowflakes to be painted on her fingernails. They turned out great and helped put me even more in the holiday spirit!

No comments: