All summer long Tim and I trusted our daughters to play outside without our immediate supervision. It was a win-win situation for all of us. The girls loved having some freedom as much as we did. Of course, there were times when we were out with them working in the yard or relaxing in the sun (guess who did which?), but for the most part we had established expectations for when the girls were playing outside unsupervised. After all, as children both Tim and I remember leaving home and being gone for hours without adults around. We were probably older than 5 and 7, but playing in our cul de sac without us seemed pretty harmless or so we thought...
Yesterday afternoon while I was inside and Tim was in our backyard shooting his bow, Elizabeth concocted a grand idea - a beauty salon in the garage complete with water bottle, comb, brush, hair ties and my scrapbooking scissors! Apparently she hadn't learned her lesson earlier this summer when she and our neighbor girl cut each other's hair. To open the salon Elizabeth asked Leah if she could cut her hair, but when Leah turned her down Elizabeth started snipping away at her own hair. Thankfully she didn't injure her eye. What was once chin length hair became about 2 inches long above her eyes. When I found Elizabeth sitting in the garage with wet hair and bangs I lost it! Tim was much calmer and became the hair detective since I was too worked up to be objective. In the end, both girls lied about their part in the whole incident and spent the majority of the afternoon and evening in their rooms. Ironically, Elizabeth is scheduled for a haircut in 3 days with school pictures 10 days away. I'm hoping that her hair grows super fast and that our hairstylist can work her magic before then!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment