Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Who won the game?


Tim and I spent this past weekend in Detroit so we could go to the Tigers game against the Chicago White Sox.  I secretly bought the tickets for him for Father's Day which is kind of funny since we left the girls back on the west side of the state with his parents.  Anyway, I was a bit disappointed when we got an email telling us the night game had changed to the afternoon.  I was hoping to experience a game with lights and fireworks afterward, but the game was nationally televised on Fox and needed to be worked into their schedule.  We stayed at Greektown Casino with free parking and only a 10 minute walk to Comerica Park.  Our seats were in the highest row possible under the shade backed up against a fence with a breeze that blew at our back.  We thought the seats were great and Tim was especially pleased with the leg room that sitting at the top of a row provided.  Of course we had to dodge the vendors who came up and down the steps to get a glimpse of the batter (small detail), but it really didn't bother either or us.  The game was over in 2 hours and 11 minutes and the Tigers won 7-1. We witnessed a home run and got to see the hometown team take over first place in their division.  GO TIGERS!

No comments: