
When the secretary interrupted my lesson this morning and told me to call her I wondered what was wrong. I dialed the school office and was informed that I needed to call Elizabeth and Leah's daycare provider. Immediately my heart started racing and I wondered what horrible thing had happened. Last time I got a phone call from Kim during school hours Leah had pulled a huge chunk of hair out of her head. However, this time the news was different. Elizabeth had projectile vomitted all over herself, the couch, and more! As a teacher it's hard to just leave a classroom full of kids to pick up a sick child. So 2 hours after the phone call and halfway through the school day I left with Leah to get Elizabeth. She has now officially thrown up 6 times, but isn't running a fever. With the recent swine flu scare I made sure to call the doctor and apparently there is a different virus going around. I'm always amazed at how quickly little ones get sick, but thankfully they seem to bounce back just as fast. Let's hope that is the case today!



No comments:
Post a Comment