Thursday, May 14, 2009

Do you want to go to camp this summer?


I just finished registering Leah for Camp Geneva this summer and I'm super excited for her. I grew up going to camp and loved it. For those of you far away, Camp Geneva is a Christian camp just south of our home. They offer day camp and overnight camp for students entering 1st grade all the way through high school. I signed Leah up for a week long day camp toward the end of June. This will be her first official camp experience and she is being very mature about it. When I asked her if she wanted to go she said yes immediately. I told her that she might not know anybody there and she said, "that's OK, I can make new friends!" I was so proud of her attitude and hope she still feels that way when it is time to go. This Sunday there is an open house at the camp that we plan to attend to help ease any jitters.

1 comment:

Katie said...

That's exciting! I am really looking forward to my kids being able to experience camp someday. I have such great memories of it from my childhood. I also think it is fantastic that we have such a wonderful camp right here in our town. Hope you're feeling better!