Thursday, October 15, 2009

How is my child doing in school?

This week I spent a lot of time in preparation for parent-teacher conferences. Every fall and spring I get a chance to sit down and talk with moms and dads and share with them how their child is doing in school. For so long I would get a knot in my stomach because I was nervous about what they might say. However, after years of conferences I no longer worry about my meetings. Maybe it is because I've done so many. I think mostly it is because now that I'm older than the majority of the parents and a parent myself I can relate better to them. I was actually more nervous to attend Leah's conference to find out how she is doing. Her meeting was the last of 27 that I attended. Even though I am able to gets bits and pieces from her teacher because he is just down the hall from me, it was nice to hear from him how well she is doing. I am so proud of my little 1st grader!

No comments: