Friday, October 16, 2009

Where are the wild things?


This afternoon I took Leah and a friend to see the movie Where the Wild Things Are. It was opening day and the movie theater was packed. After paying matinee prices (still too expensive) and slushes at $4.50 a crack, I left the place wondering what I had just spent my money on. The movie was odd to say the least and scary at best. The 10 foot tall creatures that the main character, Max, escapes to rule over as king were more than just wild. They were monsters with bad attitudes and dirty mouths, literally. I don't get to the movies very often and aside from the high prices most of the time it is because there isn't much worth seeing. I was hoping that a film based on a children's book would be safe. Now I am kicking myself for not researching it better and at the same time thankful that I didn't take Elizabeth along. My prayer is that Leah does not have nightmares after wondering what crazy wild things there are in the real world.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Thanks for the heads up. We were going to take the kids to see that tonight for Family Night, but read that it was for older kids. Wondered if Gavin was "older" or if it meant like 13+. Now we know...