So many children these days do not know how to tie shoes and it drives me crazy! Each year I am amazed at how many 2nd graders are void of this skill. Leah knows how to tie her shoes, but not as well as I think she should. When I tried to teach her before kindergarten she was more interested in "doing it her way".
Yesterday Elizabeth and I went shopping while Leah was at gymnastics class. She is naturally drawn to shoes (like most females) and loves trying them on whenever she can get a chance. While I browsed the shoe section Elizabeth found boxes with her size 10 and began the fun process of trying them on. Immediately she was drawn to a pair of sparkling shoes that lit up. Although they were on sale and I had an added discount the pair was still quite pricey. I usually like to run "high end" purchases past Tim, but when she suggested that I teach her how to tie her shoes they were instantly sold. I think she asked me 3 times today for a tying lesson and it was just before dinner when we finally got started. I prepared her prior to the lesson by saying that she might get frustrated and that it would take her some time to learn. Wow, was I pleasantly surprised when after a 10 minute session she was able to tie all by herself. She is so proud of herself and so am I!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment