Thursday, July 22, 2010
What are we doing today?
I think I hear this question every morning by either Tim or one of the girls. Between all of the lessons, appointments, and other activities I find it easier to have everything on a calendar posted on the refrigerator. It has been my goal this summer to be a little more flexible with our schedule. Everyone in our family is used to routine and sticking 3 months in the middle of the year without a routine proves to be a challenge. With Elizabeth starting kindergarten in the fall (mostly likely she will attend in the afternoon) I have tried to wean her from taking naps. For the most part she has done pretty well, but there have been some days when she has had a meltdown around late afternoon and early evening. Just the other day I gave her the option of taking a nap...bad decision! Of course she opted to stay awake like most children. She proceeded outside where she found a 4-year old neighbor girl and some of the bigger kids drawing on sketch pads using materials from Leah's creativity chest. I'm not sure how long she was actually outside before Leah came in the house, told me that there was a problem, showed me her hand with chunks of curled hair, and mentioned that the our next door neighbor wanted to talk to me. The Terrible Twosome, which we have affectionately labeled them, decided to give each other haircuts with scissors from Leah's craft container. Both girls needed a new hairstyle and thankfully our neighbor is a professional hair stylist! Aside from the additional haircut that Elizabeth received, our family managed to do some other fun and less naughty activities. We picked blueberries from a local farm, had fun playing in a lake near my friend's cottage, went to Dutch Village, and visited the zoo in Grand Rapids. In addition both girls started a 2 week session of swimming lessons at Camp Geneva. Leah also had her post surgery visit and was told that everything in her mouth has healed well. While we have many more fun things to do next week I plan to keep the scissors far away from all of our heads!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment