Friday, December 3, 2010

How did you spend your Thanksgiving?


We spent Thanksgiving this year in Michigan with Tim's family.  I've always enjoyed the Thanksgiving meal and it is especially tasty when someone else helps prepare the meal.  I love turkey (the dark meat is my favorite) and could eat mounds of mashed potatoes with gravy.  Corn is my favorite vegetable starch and Tim's sister makes yummy sweet potatoes that I've enjoyed eating in recent years.  I usually look forward to apple pie for dessert, but this year I gobbled down rich chocolate cake in celebration of my niece's 15th birthday.  While I enjoy all of the food associated with the holiday I never really eat a whole lot.  It is just nice to be with family and be thankful.  Of course, it has now become a tradition to watch the Lions lose on Thanksgiving too.  Go BEARS!

No comments: