Saturday, December 11, 2010
Did you have fun passing out candy?
On the last day of November Leah, Elizabeth, and I marched in a parade downtown Holland. This was the first time any of us had ever seen the Christmas parade, let alone participate in it. I wasn't quite sure what was going to happen, but when the gym I recently joined asked for moms with children between the ages of 4 and 7 I volunteered our services without hesitating. The idea was for the moms to pass out free day passes to the gym while the kids pass out candy to kids along the street. Leah and Elizabeth knew about the parade about a week in advance and Elizabeth literally counted down each day. On the day of the parade Elizabeth's excitement could hardly be contained. It was a brisk night so we bundled up and drove toward downtown. Finding a parking spot was a lot easier than I thought. We walked toward our group and the girls were given elf hats and a neon necklace. Then the wait began. The wind was super cold and Elizabeth quickly realized that the parade was not all that she dreamed it would be. Leah was ready to leave before the parade started too, but I convinced them otherwise. As soon as we started moving it was much better. Leah did a fabulous job being an elf while Elizabeth walked right next to me with big crocodile tears frozen on her face because she was so cold. Thankfully we were toward the front of the parade (27 out of 77) so we were able to finish the parade and then walk back to our car while viewing the rest of the entries. It was fun to see the town all lit up and the many different people that our family knows. Leah and I are all set to do it again next year. We'll just have to see about Elizabeth!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I forgot to tell you that we saw the three of you. We shouted your name, butwith all the noise I'm sure it was impossible to hear any one voice. Anyway, way to go!
Post a Comment