Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Were you nervous for the fun meet?


Last Saturday Leah competed in her first "fun meet" with her gymnastics team.  The meet was hosted by her club and took place at West Ottawa High School.  I'm not sure she realized how large the meet would be or how many people would be there to watch, but that didn't really faze her.  She was up and ready to go well ahead of time and didn't really mention that she was nervous...I suspect she was at least a little bit.  Before the meet started she volunteered to be the first gymnast on each apparatus for her team.  Tim and I were very proud of her.  Leah's favorite event is the beam which was her best performance.  After 4 events (and almost 4 hours later) she left with 3 blue ribbons and 1 red ribbon.  Performing for others is definitely for her!

No comments: